8.13.2008

undici (11) undici

I started painting again today. I'm a little rusty; it's been quite awhile, about a year. The last thing I painted was a beach scene for my aunt in New York. She thought it was cool, seeing as how she never gets to see the beach. I did a beach scene today, but not my usual setting. Usually I paint the sky, calm water, possibly a few green mountains along the horizon, and a few palm trees. It's really simple because I make it simple. Never do I put ripples in the water, or add waves, simply because I don't think I'm at that skill level yet. Today however, I broke the ice. Doesn't look great at all, but thats not the point. The point is I am now fully focused on mastering the art of the wave, and everything that comes with it. The way it looks when it crashes on the shore, the reflection of a bird flying over, or even the way the sun hits the water at certain angles. I give props to anyone who can paint ocean water. I've tried and I can honestly say, it is harder than it looks.
I also went to the padre game tonight with a couple homies. We lost. But it's always fun watching the game. Friar Franks and nachos...the daanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment