8.19.2008

tredici (13) tredici


I went to Barnes n' Noble today before work.  I wasn't planning on buying anything but I knew that if I just walked around I'd find something.  I ended up buying "Pilipino-English, English-Pilipino Dictionary/Phrasebook.  I'm half filipino, and obviously can not speak the language.  Well I know the bad words, but who doesn't?  Everytime I'm with my mom, and she introduces me to a friend of hers, the first thing they ask is, "Does he speak?"  Always.  It's like the question of the day.  I've always wanted to learn when I was younger.  My mom was always on the phone speaking tagalog, and often times she would look over at me while she was speaking.  Haha I recently asked her if she's ever talked bad about me to her friends, and as any mother would reply, "Of course not."  I know my mom wishes I spoke her language.  One time I called her, and she just started GOING OFF in tagalog.  She was just drilling me with all these words I didn't understand and I finally interrupted her and said, "MOM!  I DON'T SPEAK TAGALOG REMEMBER!"  She laughed so hard.  Anyways, I'm gonna take baby steps at this language, and someday in the near future take a class.

First thing I'm going to say to my mom next time I see her:
"Masamang-masama ang katawan ko.  Gusto ko ng adobo at pansit."
(I am very sick.  I want adobo and noodles haha)

My favorite filipino dish...Chicken Adobo.







No comments:

Post a Comment